Street Club Winter School Week 4 Final Assignment

Updated on January 31, 2018 in Critique
28 on January 21, 2018

Hello Everyone! I just want to thank you all for participating and providing such support for one another. I have really enjoyed seeing your work. I am really grateful for this opportunity to learn so much by posting assignments here, Thank you!

Week # 4 Assignment : SHOOT  THE RAINBOW For 1 week, shoot the colors RED, YELLOW, BLUE. TRY to shoot all colors in one photo OR you can make 3 photos with ONE color in each.

PURPOSE: This assignment will challenge you to purposely look for colors, a little like a treasure hunt, and your eyes will become much more perceptive to color.  OR

• Liked by
  • andriyka
0 on January 22, 2018

Congrats on participating in Street Club! Just a reminder on January 31 (Eric’s birthday!) he will do a video review of all the photos submitted in Street Club and pick two winners for the grand prizes 1) Best photo and 2) Best Critique. From now until January 30, submit your photos and critiques to any of the week’s assignments.

Thank you again Vicki for organizing and everyone for your participation! We hope Street Club helped to inspire you to keep shooting and try new techniques. Eric and I hope to meet you in person at one of the upcoming workshops: http://erickimphotography.com/blog/workshops/

Remember to join the free newsletter for free resources, announcements, and workshops: http://erickimphotography.com/blog/newsletter/

Take your street photography to the next level:

• Liked by
Cancel
4 on January 23, 2018

Unorthodox

on January 23, 2018

Really nice abstract. I like the wood in the photo. Not only does it contribute yellow tones, but it provides a nice contrast to the shiny plastic. Nice! 

on January 23, 2018

Abstract … I like abstract photos … these repetitive elements are also very interesting in photography. I liked the photo although this piece of wood seems to me to be out of the context of the photo. I´ve the impression that without the wood your photo could improve in it´s statement. But I liked the photo.

on January 23, 2018

A strong visual impact.

on January 28, 2018

I love the abstract, shiny against matte, man made against natural, great color and light too.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on January 23, 2018

Hello, all. This has been fun. It got me up off my ass and outside shooting in a pretty dreary time of year! Thanks to all for their wonderful feedback for the last 4 weeks! I really wish I could get out again this week, but I won’t be able too. So, even though I would normally ditch the first pic, it’s the best of what I got for this week’s assignment. The second pic below was actually taken last week, so it doesn’t meet the criteria for this particular assignment time-wise, but I still wanted to share it for feedback. Thanks again!

on January 23, 2018

Colors really beautiful, Geoff … I especially liked the photo number 1 … colors and more colors !!! … excellent contrast … only the framing maybe could have been better if you had not cut the feet of your subject … but this is questionable, I know …the implication of movement gives dynamism to your photo … congratulations

on January 28, 2018

Geoff, Well done, you managed to get not only the color but the guy with his legs in a v shape 😁
As for the second, it is relevant for this week as you got the blue and yellow. I happen to like the blur also

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on January 23, 2018

Today is Tuesday, right?!?!
Lucky day of photographer: I went to a point that I already knew for its multi colored walls. I stepped on a specific point. I measured the light and adjusted my camera: I did not have to wait more than 3 minutes and the subject of my first two pictures entered the magic rectangle!

Photo number three (at a bus stop): “The World is Blue”. The sky is blue. The sea is blue. Simply, life can also be blue. Blue, how maybe it was my day !!!
I wish all colleagues of the Winter School of Eric Kim Forum blue days.
Blue days for you Eric and Cindy!
antonio

P.S .: the inclination of the photographs follows the inclination of the sidewalk of the street where I was

on January 23, 2018

I really like the first one, especially the umbrella. You caught it with a perfect timing.

on January 28, 2018

My favorite of the 3 is the first, great capture. The angle of her umbrella obscuring her head is perfect. Good color too

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on January 23, 2018

I have to admit that rich colours are really hard to find in this season of Canada …¯\_(ツ)_/¯

on January 23, 2018

It is hard when we look for colors and don’t find them… but I liked yiur 2nd shot… very minimalistic with good contrast between the pole and the sky…

on January 25, 2018

Hi Yannsong, I know what you mean about finding rich colours. I’m on Vancouver Island and it has been so dreary lately. I’ll admit I’ve saturated my photos in post production to make the colours pop a bit more,  it then again, I tend to like heavy saturation anyway. 

I like both the light and the minimalist nature of the 2nd photo, but do like the first one best. I’m addition to the colours, I like the sheer number and haphazardness of the signs. I REALLY like the shadow of what looks like directional signs on the building, the shadows behind the bars, and the strong shadows under the eves and cutting across the right side of the building.  I think these elements would stand out even more if the building filled more of the frame. 

The third photo is my least fav, but might be because I really don’t like winter. it captures so well the dreary, grey cold that I identify with an east coast winter. My thoughts go to being cooped up in one of those dull-fluorescent lit offices with their large windows to capture the “view.” I feel cold just looking at this photo. 

on January 28, 2018

My favorite of the 3 is the second one, great color and light, I really also like the simplicity and the angles!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on January 26, 2018

colours

on January 27, 2018

I like your photo color combination: the colors are so bright! Unfortunately, red is absent 🙁

on January 28, 2018

I love photos of windows and doors, it makes you wonder what’s behind! Great color and light, well done!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 27, 2018

Hello,

Couldn’t shoot rainbow in one place. So my set of red-green-blue is…

on January 28, 2018

Great captures. I really like all , the glow and angle of the 2nd is really interesting and I like the boy with the eye holes in his hat, you can catch a glimpse of his red glasses, well done,!!!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 27, 2018

Colors

on January 28, 2018

These are beautiful. I love the light and mysterious feel of the first and tenderness of the 2nd. Great light and color as well

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on January 27, 2018
on January 28, 2018

Great capture Joy, love the color and light. It has a very joyous ,and youthful feel !

on January 28, 2018

Job, I like your rainbow! One shoot with so many colors! Good catching!

on January 30, 2018

I really liked this photo. Especially, by the vivid colors that are scattered on the frame. The gray background gives the photo a strong element to capture the attention of the viewer. This to me is the most striking aspect of the photo.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 31, 2018
  • Liked by
Cancel