Street Club Winter School Week 1

Updated on January 25, 2018 in Critique
4 on January 6, 2018

I finally made it.  Didn’t ask for permission with this subject and they can’t really say much that adults can understand.  I had a chance to experiment with my iphone X camera and all of the lovely settings.  I think this camera will work for some street photography in the near future for myself.  Please enjoy my first post to Street Club Winter School.

on January 7, 2018

Yay glad to have you here @Mogrizzly493. I love how the light falls on her face and the off-center framing 🙂

on January 7, 2018

I think this is a beautiful capture! Light and framing are spot on! well done!

on January 9, 2018

Love the black negative space. With a great subject nothing can be wrong. Good job

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on January 6, 2018

Hello,

I did some candid photos from a short distance and some portraits with permissions. From my experience the best way to do a portrait of a stranger is to ask about this directly. Moreover, it’s a chance to do more then one photo of the same person, to do work the scene and, as a result, to select the best photo form the set.

on January 7, 2018

The light, colorexpresion are all really lovely! Maybe try to get even closer, fill the frame with her hair wich has amazing texture! Really great capture!

on January 8, 2018

I have to agree, get closer. I would like to see the contact sheet for this subject, to really see if you picked the best image.

on January 13, 2018

wow! so cool! 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 7, 2018

Thank you everyone for participating in this assignment. Everyone’s feedback is fantastic and while I am providing these assignments and critiques, I am humbled by the challenge and I really appreciate the opportunity!

on January 8, 2018

Thanks for being such a gracious host.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 23, 2018

Angle.

• Liked by
Cancel