STREET CLUB Summer 2018 Last Assignment 4: Loved Ones Winners announced Aug13

Updated on August 13, 2018 in Critique
3 on August 12, 2018

Hi, I’m also catching up. I just came back from abroad, where I had no internet. Inspired by your works- dear Street Club family, my last moment contribution. I find realy convenient to shoot loved ones in street photo style, it gives more fun and expresion to it.

on August 12, 2018

Hi. These as nice candid moments. I like the joy seen in the first image but my favorite is the 3rd. The delicate shadows at the top and nice contrast in the hammock nicely frame the landscape. My only comment would be to straighten the horizon.

on August 12, 2018

The reflective photo is my favorite. Colorful and complex with nice lighting

on August 13, 2018

Ah,it’s so hard to choose only one! I love the 1st and 3rd a lot! Again,if I have to choose only one,it would be the 3rd image -artistic,simple,nontraditional,interesting!Wonderful!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on August 12, 2018

My loved one likes to dance and I take pleasure in making photos.  We decided to create a photo story today in our living room using some dance moves and photography techniques.  

on August 12, 2018

I like your images. As a narrative I keep coming back to the space between the 1st and 2nd images. What happened? What caused him to move and then not? Thanks

on August 12, 2018

Love this clever series. Like a modern take on an Edward Hopper painting

on August 12, 2018

I like you series and in particular the story of what happened between the images. Why did he move so drastically between the 1st and 2nd images? Why doesn’t he move again?
I’d perhaps perfectly center the couch and framing or crop of the 1st image is different from the rest. I think the precision of the dance should be reflected in the image.
It would be a challange to try and reduce a dance to 5 images.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on August 12, 2018

Hello! I’m currently living away from my family so I took more selfies then I ever have. The quality wasn’t great so I processed them quite a bit for dramatic affect but think they are otherwise honest. My 3rd image sums up where I’m at with Street Photography: I did ask to take her photo, a small victory, but too far away to capture her personality. Thanks for the class!

on August 13, 2018

I like your first image. The two lines drawing the viewer to the face. The expression is nice. And also, the catchlight in the eyes makes it interesting. 

on August 13, 2018

I really really like your third image!! I just wonder if it could have been leaving it in colors…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 12, 2018

Here is a go of my dad going up the stairs where the shadows in the leaves come out clearer. Does it work better? 

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on August 12, 2018

on August 13, 2018

This is a wonderful image ! Lingers in the mind. The composition is  very good. 

on August 13, 2018

Brilliant composition!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 13, 2018

Posting a couple of clicks of my wife, one using the reflection from her cell phone and the other one in a simple portrait manner. It means a lot to me when her eyes light up with happiness. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 13, 2018

Hi!

i’m in vacation 

here is a photo of my niece while driving in the region of burgundy in France

thanks!

• Liked by
Cancel