STREET CLUB Summer 2018 Assignment 2: Park

Updated on August 8, 2018 in Critique
0 on July 16, 2018

A shot from last week on the way home from work 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel
4 on July 16, 2018

TEXTURE …. Shot this last week on the Way home from work before I joined the summer Street School.

on July 16, 2018

This photo is really nice, I like the nostalgic spirit of the photo. It reflects also the calm and harmony of the park. The melancholic tree, the reflection in the water, the three men… great!

on July 16, 2018

I like the reflection and how you placed the 3 men at the corner and the white patch on the pond makes a good background for them.Although they are captured from the back ,the image doesn’t look boring ,their figures are well defined.But I think the landscape orientation would be a better choice.The sky in such cases is not needed.I tried viewing your photo to the top of the trees and no sky and I liked it a lot!

on July 16, 2018

I really like the tonality of this picture. Also the negative space (clouds) gives a counter-balance to the reflections in the water.

on July 16, 2018

Very nice atmosphere ; textures, reflextions, curly clouds.. The figures are positioned just nice to round the whole picture.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
7 on July 16, 2018

The first one is a kiosk in a park.

I’m proud of the second one, it was the first time I asked for permission 🙂

on July 16, 2018

ok, the other way around. The second is the kiosk and the first one is the portrait with permission

on July 16, 2018

You were rewarded for your with a lovely portrait for your efforts. Many stories on that face. I also like the one of the woman in the kiosk. Like a Cheshire Cat emerging from the chaos. 

on July 16, 2018

Hello Caterina!Congratulations on your bravery and taking this wonderful portrait!Great character ,well posed and captured!I like the close up approach,the good texture on his beared and hand!He looks really relaxed in front of your camera.Excellent processing of the image!Did you take the photo at a park and did you think of giving a sense of the place?
As of the other image of the kiosk I like how the face of that lady is framed and she’s smiling.I think you had a great opportunity to try Dutch Angle composition in that situation.A little tilt of the camera and avoiding straight squares would create more dynamic and interest in the image.Or it’s just me being obsessed with DA this days 🙂

on July 16, 2018

Caterina, I really like the characteristic portrait of the man. Good use of contrast. The framing of the woman in the kiosk is also nice … and her facial expression …. are they both taken in a park?

on July 16, 2018

Bravo for asking permission! I have difficulties myself!

It’s a nice portrait. For the second one, I love her smile but I would have tried to do a close-up on her! 

on July 17, 2018

H Caterina,

especially like your second photo. Maybe the photo would have worked better in color – could have provided a better separation of the lady in the kiosk from the stuff around the kiosk – also the lady seems to be a little bit out of focus.

on July 17, 2018

Thanks for your comments. Next time I will try with the DA!

The kiosk is in a park, and the portrait I took it in front of a public toilet in a kind of little “plaza”. I did not want to incorporate more of the place because it was not so nice and he was sat in a wheeled chair, so I thought it would be stronger just with his face.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on July 16, 2018

No people in the park, but enjoyed the exercise.

Lost shoes

on July 16, 2018

I like this …. makes you think about the story of who left their shoes and why 

on July 16, 2018

I find it very interesting too as it makes you wonder of who´s this shoes…were them just forgotten there or are them too old???

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 16, 2018

Park bench at São Joaquim-SC, Brasil at night.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 16, 2018

A (selfie) night scene at a water fountain, São Joaquim-SC, Brasil.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 16, 2018

I had a ”model” walking with me through the park, than everything was a bit different:)

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 16, 2018

The angle and clean background make the second image very interesting.

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on July 16, 2018

Hi. Where do I find the theme for assignment 3? 🙂 

on July 17, 2018

Here’s the next week 3 assignment 🙂 http://forum.erickimphotography.com/thread/street-club-summer-2018-assignment-3-elderly

on July 19, 2018

Hi!

Is there going to have a feedback composition video with some of photos?

It’s so educating!

Thank you!

on July 20, 2018

**Update: Eric and I are a bit swamped this week (Eric is teaching a workshop in Singapore and I have a conference, so we will extend the Week 3 challenge one additional week and post the Week 2 video review up soon! Thank you for understanding! <3 We’re so happy that you find the video reviews educational 🙂

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 26, 2018
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 26, 2018
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 8, 2018
  • Liked by
Cancel