Push your photography, provide and receive constructive critique, and start off the new year with STREET CLUB Winter School. Continuing the successful STREET CLUB (Summer 2017), STREET CLUB WINTER SCHOOL (Starting January 1, 2018) is your photography learning community to motivate yourself to go out and shoot with specific assignments.
STREET CLUB is free and open to everyone. “Enroll” in the STREET CLUB: STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WINTER SCHOOL by joining the Eric Kim Forum.
The talented and generous Vicki Seabrook will lead the coordination of weekly assignments and Keenan Rivals will make a STREET CLUB video series:
“Hello and Welcome to Street Club Winter School! My name is Vicki Seabrook and I am doing a task takeover of Street Club for 4 weeks starting January 1st Since Cindy and Eric are super busy with new projects I volunteered to take over leading assignments. I really enjoyed and appreciated the summer school and I am passionate about keeping the support from all of you as well as keeping their vision of a learning platform with constructive criticism alive.
Each week on Monday, I will post assignments on the ERIC KIM FORUM to motivate everyone to go out and make new photos. During the week, complete the assignment (go out and make new photos) and upload your 1 best photo from the week to the thread. Each photo you upload, you must provide constructive critique on 3 other photos uploaded. Feel free to add your own reflections on the assignment: What were your challenges and successes?
During the week I will provide critiques to the best of my ability. At the end of the 4 weeks, Eric and Cindy will post a video providing critique and choosing the 3 best Photos of the month and why. Cindy and Eric even offered to donate some exciting prizes for the winners!
HAVE FUN! Just shoot it,
Cindy, Eric & Vicki”
Use STREET NOTES as our school “textbook” to complete assignments, share photos and reflections, and receive feedback. It is not mandatory to purchase Street Notes, but it would be useful and valuable to have a printed or mobile edition copy to follow along and write down notes.
- If you can afford to purchase Street Notes, pick one up in our shop or on Amazon.com. By purchasing Street Notes, the proceeds also will go towards offsetting the price of Street Notes for students who do not have the resources to purchase it themselves.
- If you are a student and cannot afford to purchase Street Notes, follow these instructions to receive a free copy of STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION. (Limited to the first 50 students).
- Sign up and post to the free ERIC KIM FORUM 1 photograph and 3 constructive, honest, helpful critiques of other’s photographs.
- Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org linking to those posts.
- Complete this by January 1, 2017 and I will e-mail you a copy of Street Notes Mobile Edition. (Side story: Street Notes was the first book Eric and I published together right after we got married last year. We loved creating a photography resource that could function as your everyday shot of inspiration or “workshop in your pocket.”)
The winter school will begin January 1, 2017.
A school without barriers, a platform to learn, a space of artistic and photographic empowerment.
Video Reviews from STREET CLUB SUMMER SCHOOL 2017