Photo Critique

Updated on September 21, 2017 in Critique
7 on September 15, 2017

• Liked by
1 on September 16, 2017

Nice moment! I like the mood the colors impart, and the way your composition makes these people look like they’re distant and kind of “checked out” to what is typically portrayed as a carefree and playful experience (is that person actually on their phone?!). Even the water is flat and resigned.

on September 16, 2017

Thanks for the feedback Ryan! Appreciate it!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on September 16, 2017

I like the idea for your shot, but I don’t like that there is so little space above the swimmers and too much space beneath them. I would have tilted the camera a bit for a better frame. 

on September 16, 2017

I like the idea of the shot as well, but I agree that the framing could have been a lot better.  It’s too biased towards the top of the frame at the moment.

on September 16, 2017

Nikh and logan, Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it! I agree with both of you about the space above the heads! Actually, when I looked at the upload, there was less space than in my LR version. I did crop from the original photo but not that much 🙂 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 18, 2017

Agree with the issue of more space at the top, but love the subject matter. There is something real and also vulnerable about the subjects. 

on September 21, 2017

Thanks Geoff! Appreciate the feedback!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel