Photo Critique

Updated on September 8, 2017 in Critique
4 on September 7, 2017

• Liked by
1 on September 8, 2017

Love the dull look in her face. Because of this you have no idea what she is up to with this knife and stick in her hand. 
What I would have done differently is maybe go a little closer ( crop out more of the background) and come to her eye level. 

But over all, i like the picture. !!!

on September 8, 2017

Thanks Steef! Appreciate your feed back! 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 8, 2017

Wow, that’s a haunting scene! I love it! I think Steef is right about the background- it doesn’t contribute much to the shot. If there was a way to shoot it where the background was much plainer, I think the girl in her pretty dress holding these weapons is enough of a statement. On the other hand, if there were a group of children playing in the background, much more prominently than now, it could provide a good contrast between happy playing children and this serious haunting child. I don’t know I’m just glad you captured this girl. The mood is wonderful.

on September 8, 2017

Thank so much Geoff, really appreciate the feedback. I agree with both you and Steef about the backround, I was actually much closer to her and started to walk away when I saw what she had , I clicked  the shutter  Is there a way to blur the backround in LR? 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel