Photo Critique

Updated on September 1, 2017 in Critique
5 on August 23, 2017

Curious to know what you think…

• Liked by
0 on August 30, 2017

I like the way the figures on the poster energize the rest of the image. To me they make the people walking look more purposeful, like they’re intentionally moving away. The kid glancing at the camera is a nice bonus. Good capture of a moment that might otherwise be pretty meh.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on August 30, 2017

The kid and that dude’s hair makes the pic. Love it! I’m not sure about the poster or the lady in the background. They don’t seem to relate to hair man and the child. You know, like if the child had one of those superman capes on, or if the guy was running with the stroller, if the woman was making the same outreached arm gesture as the poster. I like the photo, I just wish there was something stronger tying in the layers. Nonetheless, that kid’s expression is wonderful, great capture! 

on August 31, 2017

Thanks Ryan and Geoff! Geoff, the 3 of them were a family, each was in their own world and they all seemed so disconnected, it was a really interesting dynamic to watch, but really difficult to capture .  Really appreciate the feedback!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on August 31, 2017

Fantastic – the signage, the guy’s hair, the woman’s arm pointing in the opposite direction of the signage, the kid looking at the camera. A great maximalist shot!

on September 1, 2017

Thank you Lisa!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel