Looking for copies of June Abe’s Citizens 1979-1983

Updated on July 1, 2018 in Photography
2 on June 2, 2018

Howdy Streetogs,

We are looking for one or two copies of Jun Abe’s “Citizens” published by Vaccuum Press, Osaka, JP in 2009.

The books are not for private use, but instead they will be donated to the Dutch Photography Libray:

http://www.fotografiebibliotheek.nl/

We are willing to pay competitive prices, if you can help us fill that gap. Our plan is to house the books at the library of the Dutch Photography museum in Rotterdam, but we can accommodate a wish to house the book(s) elsewhere, such as the prestigious Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. That way the book will be available not only to a private collector but hundreds of photography students as well as the general public.

• Liked by
0 on June 23, 2018

Hmmmm thanks Faos, I’ll poke around! 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 1, 2018

I live near Hay on Wye, famous for having the densest collection of second hand book shops in the world.

I’ve scanned the website offerings www.hay-on-wyebooks.com/ and while not finding Jun Abe I’ve found a few that take my fancy when money allows including Nobuyoshi Araki’s Tokyo Still Life, and a couple of Bill Brandt’s from 1930’s London.

I’ll drop by and ask them to let me know if they come across a copy of Citizens.

• Liked by
Cancel