Keep/Ditch

Updated on September 8, 2017 in Keep/Ditch
7 on September 4, 2017

Keep or ditch and if possible why, please…

• Liked by
1 on September 4, 2017

I like it mate, it reminds me of some of Richard Sandlers subway shots. Its almost timeless with the exception of the male on the far right on his phone.

Only thing I may suggest would have been to shoot a little more to the left to not have him in on his phone and the female who is smiling and to include a little more of the female on the left.

Still nice picture though mate! 

on September 4, 2017

Great, dear mate !…good considerations…nice suggestion you gave to get to know Richard Sandlers…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on September 6, 2017

I love the lighting you got going on, but the scene is very busy. The woman on the far left and the standing people break the flow of the sleeping people. Also the bar in the middle, covering the man is very distracting. I would ditch this one just because of all the elements and the clutter that takes up the frame. But still, in a train and such beautiful b&w lighting

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 6, 2017

Ditch. I really like the lighting, editing, and the overall feel of the photo, but I cant really pick out a clear subject and to me that detracts a lot from the image.

Assuming your subject was those three sleeping passengers, I think it would be a much stronger shot if you positioned yourself closer to them and used that wide angle effect to make them stand out more.

on September 8, 2017

I really always would like to get close to my subjects as much as possible…but that´s the tough part: to get close as much as possible…I find it very difficult on situations like that, i.e., inside a closed public ‘room’ like a train, subway…when is outside, in an space I find easier…But, you´re completely right: there are too many distracting elements in the shot…but you know something: sometimes I find it, like in the present case, interesting as it adds layers and helps to tell stories…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 7, 2017

Keep. The picture has a strong theme and makes me think about suitable titles such as “The daily grind” or “The rat race” or something like that.  The exposure and editing are spot on and I like how the vertical lines are straight and parallel.

I would crop out the girl in the far right as her smiley disposition is not in keeping with the general theme, nor is she a significant enough part of the scene to create a juxtaposition.  

on September 8, 2017

Many thanks to all of you, mates !!!…. the critique, being positive or negative, respect the shot were just increadible…I fully agree with all of them, being posiitve or negative…they all refer to something, some aspect to be considered in relation to the shot…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel