I’m gonna to invest 2200 USD in my main street photography camera. What do you think?

Updated 22 hours ago in Equipment
9 on February 26, 2018

Hey guys,

I own a Ricoh GR II. And now want to upgrade for a camera that also has:
1. Flip screen
2. Weather resistant
3. Great quality and fast shutter.
Which lead me to this setup: Fujifilm XT-2 ($1600) + Fujinon XF23mmF2 WR Lens ($450).

Ideally also image stabilization, since I have a tiny bit shaky hands. And ideally also built-in-flash.

But I’d love to take more wet / rainy photographs from the hip (vivian maier styler) and I think this will do the job. But I’d love to get you guys take on it before. For 2200 USD and for my requirements, what would you do?

• Liked by
0 on February 26, 2018
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 27, 2018

I use a Sony A6500 which i like for street photography, my main requirements for street photography for a camera were, small size, flipping screen ( i like to take hip shots ) the screen only flips about 180 degrees up not sideways,  and a very fast focusing , this camera has a 0.05 second focusing which is very fast, and also you can program it to follow the eyes of your subject, and also it’s weather proof, i also needed 11 fps bursts of photos because i’ve found that it’s almost impossible to get the best photo of a person in movement with only one photo, sometimes out of 2 seconds or 22 photos i get one good one.

The only bad side i see in this camera is that the batteries don’t last long, i always have to carry 4 batteries for a whole day.

price is around $1200.00 and includes the 18-50 lens which is not bad for street photography.

You can see the photos of this camera here, most of the photos were taken with either the a6000 or the a6500 and a few with nikon 5300

www.juanortegaphotography.com

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 27, 2018

“Photography is not about a camera”

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 27, 2018

Take a look at the Fuji x70

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 28, 2018

i’m lookking to help pay some stundent loans and get a ricoh gr2, i have an m9 body fs if you intrested?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 3, 2018

got my x100 used… Its a camera, it takes pictures. cost me $450CAD

With the money I saved I spent the rest of the year on vacation C:

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 19, 2018

I think your current gear is superb for street.  The XT2 is huge in comparison.  Maybe consider an X-E3 and the 18mm or 23mm.  I get you want a flip screen…but is it really that important to you?  

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on March 29, 2018

Great idea for a setup; that would be ideal! Really like the new 23mm lens for the Fuji as well 🙂

22 hours ago

I bought this lens after selling my 18 mm (aka 35 mm). I must say that it is an excellent lens and great for street photography. I also have the 35 mm 1.4 (aka 52 mm) which is also great and they make a fine pair for street photograph geeks like me.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel