Critique please

Updated on September 17, 2017 in Critique
6 on September 9, 2017

Hi, it’s my first post on this blog. Really appreciate any feedback. I spent at least 30min waiting for ”the moment” (the fish) and I can’t really make my mind between these two shots. A mix of both would of been amazing.

So, picture 1 or 2 ?

Varenna Italy, 2017

Thanks !

• Liked by
1 on September 13, 2017

The first shot, for sure, in my mind.  I love the layers, the balance, and the limited palette.  

In the second shot, other than the lovely mountains, everything to look at is on the right side of the photo.

on September 17, 2017

Thanks for the comments. The balance says it all, there’s more going on but still calm and representative of the actual moment

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 14, 2017

Great shots. I prefer the second one, but somewhere in between would have been ideal.  I would like to see more of the pier than the first picture, but not the building in the second picture.  I would also like to see the fishing rod at a 45 degree angle as this would create more of a contrast from the horizontal and vertical lines in the pier.

on September 17, 2017

Thanks for the comments. Definitely would of like to get the fish and the splash in the first one. The building in the second one really kills it. I’ll definitely go look for the rod on an angle

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 14, 2017

First one. I like the triangle my eye makes via swimmer-fishermen-boat. But I agree, a combo of the two pics would be so much stronger.

on September 17, 2017

Thanks for the comment. The triangle makes it, leads me to the second guy on the dock. Like the other comment, the second one is just empty on the left. I was hopping to get a fish with swimmer and boat, then the splash was a surprise.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel