After 5 years of collecting photographs, my street photography project, Glasses

Updated on November 26, 2018 in Photography
3 on November 25, 2018

Since deleting my social media accounts I focus my creative energy on my website. My wife teases me about how often I change my site. Not just adding posts but how often I make drastic changes. The past year I changed the theme over 10 times. I deleted all images 4 times and uploaded them again with standard sizing. I spent six months posting three times a week. I deleted all the posts and added them back twice. I went through 100+ posts and updated them to have featured images. I went through 100+ posts and deleted all the featured images. I think you get the point.

Over the past month I took a step back. I did market research of the sites for my favorite photographers, Martin Parr, Bruce Gilden, John Free, Alex Webb, Eric Kim, and many others. They had only their best photographs on their site. They don’t use their site like social media uploading pictures every day. I simplified my site and focus on projects. Here is one I would like to share with the community.

Glasses street photography project
https://chriswessells.com/2018/11/14/glasses/

• Liked by
0 on November 25, 2018

I like the project, how long have you been collecting those? 🙂 Nice website btw.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 25, 2018

I like the project, how long have you been collecting those? 🙂 Nice website btw.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 26, 2018

It has been about 5 years. For the first 4 years shooting street I would get so excited when I got a decent shot I posted it immediately. Over the past 2 years I have been working on projects. That is when I realized I actually had a project.

THank you for the compliments

• Liked by
Cancel