We organized three successful STREET CLUB schools– STREET CLUB (Summer 2018), STREET CLUB (Winter 2018), and STREET CLUB (Summer 2017). Even though our official weekly submissions are over, continue to submit your photos, provide critique, and continue learning in the existing threads!
Our dream for STREETCLUB is to
1) Encourage you to shoot, experiment, and learn and
2) Learn from others by providing and receiving constructive feedback. (Each photo you upload, leave constructive feedback for three other photos).
HAVE FUN! Love, Eric, Cindy, Annette, Jennifer
STREET CLUB is free and open to everyone. How to join:
1) “Enroll” in the STREET CLUB: STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WINTER SCHOOL by joining the Eric Kim Forum.
2) Subscribe to ERIC KIM NEWSLETTER and you will get an email notification when the course starts!
An overview of STREET CLUB summer 2018:
Starting July 2, 2018 each week on Monday, we will post assignments on the ERIC KIM FORUM to motivate everyone to go out and make new photos. Each assignment will be based off STREET HUNT. During the week, complete the assignment (go out and make new photos) and upload your 1 best photo from the week to the thread. Each photo you upload, you must provide constructive critique on 3 other photos uploaded. Feel free to add your own reflections on the assignment: What were your challenges and successes?
At the end of each week Eric Kim will post a video providing critique and choosing the best photo. On July 31, Eric Kim will choose the top two photos/critique. HAPTICLABS SAIGON (Eric Kim, Cindy Nguyen, Annette Kim, Jennifer Nguyen) have generously donated the following prizes to the top winners:
HAVE FUN and just shoot it 🙂
Eric, Cindy, Annette, Jennifer
Use STREET HUNT as our school “textbook” to complete assignments, share photos and reflections, and receive feedback. It is not mandatory to purchase Street Hunt, but it would be useful and valuable to have a printed or mobile edition copy to follow along and write down notes.
1) If you can afford to purchase Street Hunt, pick one up in our HAPTIC SHOP (Print Edition / Mobile Edition) or on Amazon.com. By purchasing Street Hunt, the proceeds also will go towards offsetting the price of Street Hunt for students who do not have the resources to purchase it themselves.
2) If you are a student and cannot afford to purchase Street Hunt, follow these instructions to receive a free copy of STREET HUNT MOBILE EDITION. (Limited to the first 50 students).
3) Sign up and post to the free ERIC KIM FORUM 1 photograph and 3 constructive, honest, helpful critiques of other’s photographs.
4) Send me an e-mail at email@example.com linking to those posts.
5) Complete this by July 15, 2018 and I will e-mail you a copy of Street Hunt Mobile Edition.
The summer school begins July 2, 2018 and winners will be announced August 12, 2018. Feel free to continue posting new photos and comments in previous week’s assignments!
Check out Frederik Trovatten’s review of Street Hunt in Mexico City.
ARCHIVE: STREET CLUB SUMMER SCHOOL 2017
STREET CLUB video reviews is over, but you can still participate by completing the assignments and leaving feedback on others’ submissions on the threads below. Keep shooting!
ARCHIVE: STREET CLUB WINTER SCHOOL, JANUARY 2018 Coordinated by Vicki Seabrook
Coordinated by HAPTIC TEAM (Eric, Cindy, Annette Jennifer)